We all know how important it is to sync your contacts. What do you mean by syncing you may ask? By syncing we mean that any changes in one app results in the same changes in the other. This has become an integral social media habit as we use so many platforms simultaneously. Syncing reduces our work and helps to keep all our accounts up to date without having to make changes manually in each app individually.
Syncing contacts on your android with your Gmail account has benefits which is the same as Shared contacts for Gmail
- NEVER LOSE YOUR CONTACTS AGAIN: You won’t ever lose your contacts. Even if you are someone who very easily loses their phones, all you have to do is to log in with your Gmail account to restore all your contacts.
- REMAIN UPDATED: once you update your contacts in your android phone the same changes will be visible in your Gmail contacts.
Here’s how to sync all the contacts on your android phone with your Gmail account.
- ADD YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT: the first thing you want to do before you sync your contacts is to create a Gmail account first and then log into it from your device. This step is necessary only for a new device and you may or may not add another account for syncing on your existing device.
- After you have logged in with your Gmail on your device, go to “settings” and then click “accounts and sync”
- Enable the account syncing service.
- You will be guided to an email account set up. Select the account in which you want to back up your contacts.
- Enable the “sync contacts” option.
- Press “sync now” to sync all your contact with your Google shared contacts account. Because this may take some time, make sure you don’t interrupt the syncing by fidgeting with your phone too much. Wait till the sync is complete.
- Now log into Gmail from your desktop and click the Gmail text link that can be seen on the upper left side of the Gmail profile.
- Select “contacts” and you will see a page that shows you all your updated contacts.
This is how you sync all your android contacts with your Gmail shared contacts account.
Gmail is one of the most useful creations of google. Syncing is only one of the various services it provides. Gmail does not only allow android to mail syncing, it also allows other kinds of syncing like syncing your desktop web browser with your phone web browser. This way you never lose out on any information and can continue working despite one of the devices getting affected.
In this fast paced world, syncing all your accounts is indeed the need of the hour. Are you someone who is tired of manually changing and updating each individual account of yours? The solution is to create a single Gmail account and sync all your accounts and device with that particular Gmail account. This way all your personal information remains unharmed and you can easily access all your information easily at your fingertips. Learn more about Share Email Contacts.